To support the World Health Organization’s recognition of World Mental Health Day, you are invited to a meditation class to learn how research in Australia and overseas is indicating that Sahaja Yoga meditation can improve mental, emotional and physical wellbeing.
World Mental Health Day is observed on 10th October every year, with the overall objective of raising awareness of mental health issues and mobilising efforts in support of better mental wellbeing.
Improve mental wellbeing
Research in Australia and elsewhere indicates that Sahaja Yoga meditation can improve physical, emotional and mental wellbeing, as well as reducing stress. Recent studies suggest that this meditation is unique even when compared with other forms of meditation. People who meditate regularly, using this meditation technique for around 20 minutes a day, may find they become healthier, calmer and much more relaxed, with an improved outlook on life. Illnesses and ailments can arise due to imbalances in the subtle system. Through Sahaja Yoga meditation, one can correct, balance and nourish the subtle energy centres.
Click here to watch a video about the beneficial effects of Sahaja Yoga meditation on health and wellbeing.
Saturday 7th October, 3:30pm to 5pm
Klemzig Primary School
2 Hay Street, Klemzig
Enquiries: Sue 1300 724 252
Saturday 11th November, 4pm to 5.30pm
Kurpila Hall West End
174 Boundary Street, West End
Enquiries: 1300 724 252
Sunday 8th October, 10:30am to 12:30pm
10:30am to 12:30pm
Sahaja Yoga Meditation Centre
77 Chewings Street, Scullin
Enquiries: Lyn 0410 177 822
Friday 13th October, 7:30pm to 8:30pm
Box Hill South Neighborhood House
47 Kitchener Street, Box Hill South
Enquiries: 0433 777 194
Sunday 8th October, 2pm to 3:30pm
Perth City Library Auditorium
573 Hay Street, Perth
Enquiries: Kitty 0405 305 145
PERTH – Gidgegannup
Saturday 7th October, 3pm to 5pm
Gidgegannup Meditation Centre
1254 O’Brien Road, Gidgegannup
(located 45 mins north east of Perth)
Enquiries: Kitty 0405 305 145
16th to 20th October
Locations to be announced soon for Sydney and around NSW.
Enquiries: Lisa 0437 405 155
- All events are free of charge, with no booking required.
- The class is suitable for both complete beginners and regular meditators.
- No physical exercises, postures or special clothing are required. Chairs are provided.
- Mental wellbeing website
- Free follow-up classes are available in over 80 locations.
When: Saturday 1st July, 2017
3.00 pm to 5.00 pm
Where: 1254 O’Brien Road, Gidgegannup (located 45 mins North East of Perth)
Our Gidgegannup centre is truly a slice of paradise. Located 45 mins north east of Perth and set amidst lush vegetation that overlooks a beautiful lake and backs onto a national park, it is the perfect haven, where you can truly unwind and get in touch with yourself. More about our Gidgegannup Meditation Centre
- Everyone welcome – No booking required
- All our lessons are free of charge
- Enquiries: Ph: 1300 724 252
- Over 80 weekly classes around Australia
Sahaja Yoga Meditation WA
Come and enjoy our Sahaj Sangeet bhajan music group who will perform world music to take you through a unique meditation journey to clear the subtle body that looks after our physical, emotional and spiritual wellbeing.
For complete beginners and regular meditators
Sunday 4th June, 2017
10:30 am – 1.00 pm
Vonda Youngman Community Centre
2-4 Knoll Road, North Tamborine Queensland
(40kms north west of the Gold Coast)
- Free of charge – no booking required.
- Learn simple and effective ways to help experience the peace of true meditation.
- Presented by our experienced team of volunteers, as a non-profit community service.
- No physical exercises, postures or special clothing required. Chairs are provided.
- Call 0404 198 638
- Can’t make this event? Then attend one of our 80 weekly classes around Australia
We hope to see you there!
For beginners and those who wish to go deeper in their meditation, Sahaja Yoga Meditation in Canberra is offering a free workshop.
Where: 77 Chewings St Scullin, Canberra
To celebrate the Birthday of the founder of Sahaja Yoga Meditation, Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi we invite you to this free workshop.
The workshop will include balancing and clearing techniques with guided meditations to establish the experience of inner silence, as well as a video talk by Shri Mataji (the founder of Sahaja Yoga).
- Provided free by our experienced team of volunteers as a non-profit community service.
- No booking required.
- Chairs are provided. No physical exercises, postures or special clothing required.
- Light refreshments will be provided after the program.
- Enquiries (02) 6254 4986 or 0438 481 900
- Also check us out on our ACT Meetup page
- Our news website for other events
Can’t make this event? Then try our online meditations at www.freemeditation.com.au