Here you’ll learn how to experience the peace of true meditation. Free classes and workshops are available throughout Australia to help you discover the unique technique of Sahaja Yoga Meditation.
“We have reached a stage of understanding the beauty of balance in life.” Shri Mataji – founder
Quick start to your meditation
Step 1. Guided meditation to activate your inner being.
Follow the steps in this video by the founder of Sahaja Yoga meditation, Shri Mataji Nirmala Devi. You will directed to place your right hand on various energy centres on the left side and take silent affirmations to activate your inner being, This process is called Self-Realisation.
Step 2. How to meditate
Once your inner being has been activated, follow these steps for your daily 10 minute meditation. (There’s no need to repeat Step 1 each time.)
- Sit comfortably with both hands open, palms up on your lap. Sit on a chair or on the floor, as you wish. If you can, remove your shoes, to give you a connection with Mother Earth.
- Take a few deep breaths, then breathe in a quiet, relaxed way.
- Keep your attention above your head. Let thoughts go without following them.
- If thoughts continue, say gently within yourself, “Not this thought” or “I forgive myself, I forgive everyone”.
- When you are peaceful, see if you can feel a gentle cool breeze on your hands, or gently blowing upwards above your head.
- When you feel the cool above your head, gently keep your attention there. Rest both hands on your lap, palms up.
- Relax and enjoy the peace and silence.
- Meditating daily for 10 minutes will help to strengthen your experience.